Firebox 8" Small Frypan with Long Lifter
Like cast iron, food cooked on a seasoned Firebox Pan really does taste better. No more turning the pan to avoid burning the handle, the Firebox Pan Long Lifter is included with the Firebox Frypan. Firebox Frypan are special in the fact that their cooking surface is hard anodized rather than being non-stick coated. The hard anodizing process transforms the surface layer into a highly conductive ceramic which has the perfect micro structure to accept a seasing. Yes, Just like cast iron but better. Not only is the Firebo Pan much lighter it also handles better. The Firebox Fry Pan's heat conductivity is way up at 237 whereas cast iron is only 52. Cast Iron is slow to heat, slow to cool and can develop hot spots. The Firebox Frypan responds quickly to temperature changes and will heat evenly.
- 1x Firebox 8" Frypan
- 1x Long Lifter
- Wash your pan with soap and hot water. Towel dry.
- Place pan in an oven and pre-heat to 260°C, this will burn off the food grade silicon sealant which was applied to the pan at the factory.
- Remove from oven and while warm/hot carefully apply the first coat of oil applying with paper towel. Firebox recommends a food grade non Lignan Flax Oil however Canola or Vegetable oil will also work fine. Spread oil liberally then wipe it off with dry paper towel until you're left with a mostly dry looking satin finish. Open a window or fan vent as this step can create some smoke.
- Place your pan in the oven for 1 hour at 260°C
- Repeat step 3 & 4 several times (3-6 times recommended) to build the thickness of the seasoning.