BioLite Solar Home 620+ Off Grid Kit
Make 4 interest-free payments of $74.99 fortnightly and receive your order now.
BioLite Solar Home 620+ Off Grid Kit
Originally designed and used for off grid lighting for family homes in Africa, this kit is ideal for:
- Off Grid Cabins and Weekender's
- Shed or Garage Lighting
- Van, Caravan or Camping
- Emergency Preparedness
- Everyday use
The SolarHome 620 brings modern lighting, energy, and entertainment to transform any structure into an off-grid home. The easy-to-install solar panel captures daily sun to charge up a central control box which powers 3 hanging lights, USB charge-out, and an MP3/FM radio system. BioLite's first-crossover product, the SolarHome 620 is currently in use in over 100,000 homes across western Kenya. Perfect for vans, sheds, or the next power outage, the system comes packed in a kit the size of a shoebox.
- 6W solar panel connects to a 23 Wh Control Box which fully charges in 6 hours of sunlight
- LCD Display which shows solar charge input, current battery status, power available, hours of light available, date and time
- 3 overhead lights, one with motion sensor
- Separate Wall-mounted switches to control the hanging lights
- Control Box plays radio/MP3 & provides charge out & built-in light in addition to the 3 overhead lights
- 18ft daisy-chainable cables for multi-room lighting
- Dual USB Charging Ports (fully charges up to 3 phones)
- Up to 20 hours of light while running all four lights
- Inputs: Solar panel port x1 (PV Module)
Control Box: 7.9 x 6.1 x 2.9 in (200 x 154 x 68 mm )
Hanging Lights (each): 5.9 x 5.5 x 3.2 in (150 x 140 x 82 mm )
Solar Panel: 11.4 x 7.5 x 0.6 in (290 x 190 x 16 mm )
120 Lm per light
(450 Lm total)
- Runtime (1 Day of Full Sun Solar Charging):
All four lights on Low: 20 hours
All four lights on MED: 10 hours
All four lights on HIGH: 6 hours
Up to 30 Hours of radio
Control Box: 610g (1.34 lbs)
Hanging Lights (each): 230g (0.51 lbs)
Solar Panel: 720g (1.59 lbs)
USB Charge Out x2 (USB Devices)
DIN Port x1 (Expansion Battery)
Light Port x2
Light Junctions x3 (Light Extensions)
- Battery: 3600 mAh @ 6.5V (23 Wh), LiFEPO4
- Cable Lengths:
Lights: 18 ft (5.5m)
All hanging lights are chainable
Solar Panel: 21 ft (6.5m)
- In the Box:
2x Hanging Lights
1x Security Light
1x Solar Panel
1x USB Adapter
1x Wall Screws & Mounting Nails Kit
1x Detailed Instruction Manual
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long does it take to charge the whole system?
Approximately 6 hours in strong, direct sun. Set your panel up in a high, sunny spot for maximum charging.
- How do I tell how much power I'm creating or storing?
The LCD display on the Control Box gives you real-time feedback on sun strength and power available in your battery
- Can I leave the solar panel out in all weather?
Yes – in fact, rain helps keep the panel clear of dust for better performance. Just make sure that after heavy storms the panel is clear of debris and has not shifted.
- Why isn't there an audio jack to play music?
As a crossover product from BioLite, microSD and FM radio are the most common ways to listen to music in Kenya with the added benefit of not requiring power from your mobile phone. Loading up a microSD is easy and keeps your phone free for other functions
- Can the lights be controlled individually?
Yes! Each hanging light features its own on/off switch and can be set to LO, MED, or HI. They daisy-chain together from a single power source, but their brightness can be controlled individually.
- How does the motion sensor work?
One of your 3 hanging lights has an "eye" in the middle of the bulb. Press the light switch 4x until a small red light appears - the eye is now activated and your motion sensor will turn on with nearby movement, keeping the light on for 30 seconds before automatically turning off.
- I don't have a van or cabin – can I use this for emergencies?
Absolutely. The SolarHome 620 packs down to the size of a shoebox that you can keep stored easily right under your sink or cupboard. We recommend charging up your Control Box in advance so you get a headstart in case a power outage occurs