This kit contains:
- 1x Pair of Black Berkey Purification Elements with wing nuts and washers
- 1x Pair of PF2 Fluoride & Heavy Metals Reduction Elements (up to 98.4% fluoride reduction)
- 2x Berkey Priming Buttons
This kit is suited to:
- Replace you current elements (also suitable for many filter systems made by other manufacturers)
- Add extra capacity to your system
- Have a spare set available in case of emergency
- Create your own filtration system
Black Berkey Element dimensions:
- Height: 21.7cm (excluding thread)
- Diameter: 5.7cm
The Black Berkey Water Purification Elements are one of the best gravity filtration elements in the world. Berkey systems with Black Berkey elements are called Purifiers because they remove much more than standard water filters. A solid carbon block made from natural coconut husk, the micro-pores in the Black Berkey elements are so small that bacteria are simply not able to pass through them. They are also so powerful that they can remove red food colouring from water without removing beneficial minerals your body needs.
The Black Berkey purification elements also remove or significantly reduce viruses, pathogenic cysts, parasites, harmful or unwanted chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides, VOCs, detergents, organic solvents, cloudiness, trihalomethanes, silt, sediment, heavy metals, foul tastes and odors, yet they leave the healthy and beneficial minerals that your body needs.
Do you already have a gravity ceramic filter system? Black Berkey purification elements fit most bench top style gravity filter systems so you can upgrade your existing ceramic filtration system. This vastly improves their ability to remove unwanted contaminates. Quality checked by the Aussie Berkey Shop team before delivery.
Black Berkey Purification Elements remove or reduce:
- Bad odors and taste, transforms municipal mains water into water that tastes sweet and pure
- Chlorine to below lab detectable levels
- Reduces PFOA & PFOS greater than >99.9%
- Viruses greater than >99.999%
- Parasites greater than >99.999%
- Exceeds Purification Standard (Log 4): MS2 Coliphage - Fr Coliphage
- PATHOGENIC BACTERIA SURROGATE greater than >99.9999%
- Exceeds Purification Standard (Log 6): Raoultella terrigena TRIHALOMETHANES - Removed to >99.8% (Below Lab Detectable Limits): Bromodichloromethane - Bromoform - Chloroform - Dibromochloromethane
- INORGANIC MINERALS
- Removed to below Lab Detectable Limits: Chlorine Residual (Total Residual Chlorine)
- Heavy Metals
- Cloudiness, silt and sediment. You can filter creek, river and dam water
- Herbicides and Pesticides
PF2 Fluoride Elements
The Berkey PF-2 reduction elements are designed for use in conjunction with the Black Berkey Purification Elements only. The PF-2 Elements screw onto the Black Berkey element thread stems and sit in the bottom tank of the Berkey Filter System. After the Black Berkey Purification Elements have filtered the water, the PF-2 Elements then filter the water again. They are designed to absorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions
FLUORIDE: Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm (11 lpm) per cubic foot of media. Results of < 1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (up to 98.4% reduction).
When to replace?
Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two Berkey PF-2 elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters) or 2 years, whichever comes first.