- Height: 21.7cm (excluding thread)
- Diameter: 5.7cm
Sold as EACH (1)
The Black Berkey Water Purification Elements are one of the best gravity filtration elements in the world. Berkey systems with Black Berkey elements are called Purifiers because they remove much more than standard water filters. A solid carbon block made from natural coconut husk, the micro-pores in the Black Berkey elements are so small that bacteria are simply not able to pass through them. They are also so powerful that they can remove red food colouring from water without removing beneficial minerals your body needs.
The Black Berkey purification elements also remove or significantly reduce viruses, pathogenic cysts, parasites, harmful or unwanted chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides, VOCs, detergents, organic solvents, cloudiness, trihalomethanes, silt, sediment, heavy metals, foul tastes and odors, yet they leave the healthy and beneficial minerals that your body needs.
Do you already have a gravity ceramic filter system? Black Berkey purification elements fit most bench top style gravity filter systems so you can upgrade your existing ceramic filtration system. This vastly improves their ability to remove unwanted contaminates. Quality checked by the Aussie Berkey Shop team before delivery.
Black Berkey Purification Elements remove or reduce:
- Bad odors and taste, transforms municipal mains water into water that tastes sweet and pure
- Chlorine to below lab detectable levels
- Reduces PFOA & PFOS greater than >99.9%
- Viruses greater than >99.999%
- Parasites greater than >99.999%
- Exceeds Purification Standard (Log 4): MS2 Coliphage - Fr Coliphage
- PATHOGENIC BACTERIA SURROGATE greater than >99.9999%
- Exceeds Purification Standard (Log 6): Raoultella terrigena TRIHALOMETHANES - Removed to >99.8% (Below Lab Detectable Limits): Bromodichloromethane - Bromoform - Chloroform - Dibromochloromethane
- INORGANIC MINERALS
- Removed to below Lab Detectable Limits: Chlorine Residual (Total Residual Chlorine)
- Heavy Metals
- Cloudiness, silt and sediment. You can filter creek, river and dam water
- Herbicides and Pesticides