Designed for dry baking in the Firebox 16cm 3qt Billy Bush Pots! The Firebox 16cm Baking Kit allows you to bake biscuits, cakes, slice, sausages, eggs, omelettes, quiche, bread & bread rolls etc. To bake, place a pan on the included Smoker Grill which allows room to placement of a few coals underneath. Use the Roof Rack to place coals on top of the Firebox Pot. Placing a few rocks under the Smoker Grill can help evenly distribute the heat and prevent burning. The baking kit fits inside the Firebox 16cm Billy Pot to minimize space (except for the lightweight tongs).
16cm Baking kit includes:
- 1x Large Rectangle Bread Pan
- 1x Large Square Cake Pan
- 1x Lightweight Stainless Steel Tongs
- 1x Hard Annodised Lightweight Pot Lifter
- 1x Large Oven Smoker Grill
- 1x Coal Roof Rack
- Note: The Baking Kit does NOT include a pot.
You will require a Firebox stove and Firebox 16cm (3 qt) Pot to use this kit.
Baking Horizontaly May Cause Warpage to your pot. Small amounts of oval can be straightened by hand, more severe cases require mechanical force. These four tips will help you avoid problems:
1) Don't be in a hurry, a small amount of flame is plenty. If using a Trangia keep the simmer ring on. Even if it's fully open it will lower the temp to a reasonable level.
2) Use rocks or equivalent thermal mass inside the oven, they will help regulate the temp.
3) Use a thermometer so you know when to lay off the heat.