Vargo Sobata 398 Titanium Knife
Sintered Titanium. Superior Edge Retention
Make 4 interest-free payments of $74.99 fortnightly and receive your order now.
Made from a groundbreaking, patented material, the Vargo Sintered Titanium Alloy is unlike any other knife line available. It pairs the superior edge retention of ceramic with the lightweight, fexibility, corrosion resistance, and biocompatibility of titanium. In standardized testing, this titanium alloy has proven to have edge retention 5x better than hardened steel (HRC-63) and 42x better than stainless steel (HRC-57).
This simple, yet classy design serves as the ultimate every-day carry knife. The combination of the satin finished sintered titanium blade, and the blasted titanium handle creates a classic looking knife that will feel practically weightless in the hand. The single position titanium clip allows the knife to be conveniently attached to a belt loop or pocket for easy access. The modified sheepsfoot blade, along with the superb edge retention of the sintered titanium, has an excellent balance of form and function. The Sobata-398 is the perfect knife to take on long backpacking expeditions, to include in a tackle box for weekend fishing trips, or even just to be a centerpiece to an amazing collection!
- Titanium blade and handle are rust and corrosion resistant even in harsh environments
- Flipper tab and thumb slot allows quick one-handed opening
- Lightweight design for comfortable everyday carrying and use
- Integrated pocket clip
- Blade Material: Sintered Titanium Ceramic Silver Alloy
- Handle Material: 6AL4V titanium
- Hardware: stainless steel fasteners, ceramic detent ball
- Lock Type: frame lock
- Openers: flipper tab and thumb slot
- Total Length: 180mm/7.1in
- Closed Length: 100mm/3.9in
- Blade Length: 80mm/3.2in
- Blade Thickness: 3mm/0.12in
- Blade Type: modified sheepsfoot
- Weight: 2.3oz/65g
- Sharpening and maintenance:
Sharpen normally with whetstones or diamond sharpeners (recommended). “Pull through” style sharpeners are not recommended. Sharpening angle is 14° (28° overall). Using specialized cleaners, oils, or any other chemical treatments (e.g. rust prohibitors) to the blade is unnecessary and not recommended. Use of knife specific lubes for the pivot is recommended.
WARNING: Knife is SHARP and potentially dangerous. Always use with caution and only for intended purposes.