For rapid response to injuries to help stop and prevent bleeding from wounds. The Emergency Bleed kit is designed to be added to existing first aid kits or used as a stand alone kit. Ideal for adding to hiking packs and outdoor kits.
This kit contains:
- 2x Antiseptic alcohol wipes
- 1x Antiseptic Cream 1g sachet
- 2x Antiseptic wipe, non sting
- 1x Combine dressing 10cm x 10cm
- 1x Conforming bandage 10cm
- 1x Conforming bandage 5cm
- 1x Plastic dressing forceps 11cm
- 1x Pair Gloves
- 1x Non adherent dressing 10cm x 7.5cm
- 1x Non adherent dressing 5cm x 7.5cm
- 4x Safety pins
- 1x Triangular bandage 110cm (disposable)
- 1x Wound dressing #13
- 1x Wound dressing #15
- 1x Soft case
Bleed Kit Instructions:
Severe bleeding is a major threat to life and requires urgent attention to prevent serious blood loss. Wear disposable gloves (supplied) to avoid direct contact with victim's blood or other body fluids.
1) Apply Direct Pressure to the wound:
a) Any clean material may be used eg clothing or wound dressing, to be placed against the wound.
b) Bandage pad firmly in place but make sure blood circulation is not restricted to limbs.
2) Elevate the injured part:
a) While keeping pressure on the wound, raise the bleeding part to reduce blood flow to the injured area.
3) If bleeding continues, apply further pressure:
a) Do not remove the original pad and bandage.
b) Apply additional dressings or pressure over the wound if bleeding continues.
4) Embedded Objects:
a) Do not remove embedded foreign objects.
b) Apply pressure with pads around the wound but not directly onto the foreign object.
5) Seek medical help quickly:
a) Large wounds generally need medical treatment such as stitching and tetanus injection.
Postage & Handling - $5.00