The Wildland Firefighting jacket has been independently fully certified to Australian Standard AS/NZ 4824: 2006 standard for protective clothing worn during wildland fire fighting activities. This jacket is approved and used by Australian emergency fire services and parks and wildlife.
Although suitable for use in such applications such as road accident rescue and light hazmat clearance, the Wildland Firefighting Jacket's main purpose is designed for wildland firefighting. The single greatest physical risk to an active wildland firefighter on the fire ground is physiological heat stress. That is, the firefighter’s core body temperature rises, leading to possible minor muscle cramps through to deteriorating mental function and ultimately to life threatening heat stroke. The premise for the design of the Wildland Firefighting Jacket is to assist in the minimisation and removal of heat from the firefighter rather than keeping the heat out from the fire itself.
The primary design feature is the exaggerated full cut resulting in a loose fitting garment. This loose fit allows increased air circulation and the allowance for the human body's natural cooling mechanism to take place, being sweat evaporation. This loose fit likewise increases the radiant heat protection for the wearer. By incorporating Proban® treated 100% cotton, a fabric that is both absorbent and “breathable”, this cooling of the body is enhanced.
- Fire services in QLD, NSW, VIC etc
- QLD & NSW Parks & Wildlife
- Large Industrial organisations
- Landowners, Farmers, Property Management
- Personal Protection ( PPE )
- Purpose designed for wildland (bushfire) fire fighting
- Increases radiant heat protection
- Helps prevent heat stroke during fire fighting activities
- Loose fit allows air cirulation
- Large protective lift up collar, FR hook & Loop tape fastened
- Fully opening metal stud fastened (fabric backed)
- Under arm vents to increase air circulation & reduce metabolic heat
- Bellowing cargo pockets with FR hook & loop tape fastened flaps
- Cuff tightening straps FR hook & loop tape fastened
- 3M FIRETRIM 50mm perforated yellow/silver FR reflective tape (fabric backed)
- Mic Loops
- Coat hem tightening drawcord
- Fully Certified to Australian Standard AS/NZ 4824: 2006 standard for protective clothing worn during wildland fire fighting activities
- Colour: Orange/Gold
- Reflective Tape: 3M FIRETRIM #9587 50mm Yellow/Silver Flame Retardant
- Fabric: 100% Cotton Proban Treated
- Hook & Loop Tape: Flame Retardant
- Thread: NOMEX
- Fabric Weight: 340gsm
- T24: 15 seconds
- T24 - T12: 7 seconds
- Mean Transmission: 48%
- Available sizes: 77 to 132 (see below)
Size / Jacket Measurement (to suit Chest Measurement in Centimetres)
- 77 / 100cm (to suit 87cm Chest)
- 82 / 105cm (to suit 92cm Chest)
- 87 / 110cm (to suit 97cm Chest)
- 92 / 115cm (to suit 102cm Chest)
- 97 / 120cm (to suit 107cm Chest)
- 102 / 125cm (to suit 112cm Chest)
- 107 / 130cm (to suit 117cm Chest)
- 112 / 135cm (to suit 122cm Chest)
- 117 / 140cm (to suit 127cm Chest)
- 122 / 145cm (to suit 132cm Chest)
- 127 /150cm (to suit 137cm Chest)
- 132 / 155cm (to suit 142cm Chest)
Fitting Tips: All measurements are in cm. If you are unsure of sizing please call us at the showroom on 07 5541 3569 or put your actual chest measurement (in cm) in the comments in your shopping cart. Fire Fighting Jackets are designed to fit loose to allow air flow and protection. It's better to have a slightly larger size than a tight fitting Jacket.
Dispatch time: up to 5-10 business days depending on demand and availability.
Please note due to the dynamic and changing fire conditions currently in Australia, stock levels are changing daily.