Gen2 Wildland Bushfire Firefighting Jacket [Size: 132 (suit 142cm chest)]
Make 4 interest-free payments of $71.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.
Protex Wildland Karvin Bushfire Firefighting Jacket (Gen2)
The new Gen 2 Wildland Firefighting Jacket is a new design for 2020 incorporating a new lighter material. Identical in looks to the previous wildland jacket, the properties within the new light weight fabric are inherently fire retardant and can't be "washed out".
The Gen2 Wildland Firefighting jacket has been independently fully certified to Australian Standard AS/NZ 4824: 2006 standard for protective clothing worn during wildland fire fighting activities. This jacket is approved and used by Australian emergency fire services and parks and wildlife.
Although suitable for use in such applications such as road accident rescue and light hazmat clearance, the Wildland Firefighting Jacket's main purpose is designed for wildland firefighting. The single greatest physical risk to an active wildland firefighter on the fire ground is physiological heat stress. That is, the firefighter’s core body temperature rises, leading to possible minor muscle cramps through to deteriorating mental function and ultimately to life threatening heat stroke. The premise for the design of the Wildland Firefighting Jacket is to assist in the minimisation and removal of heat from the firefighter rather than keeping the
heat out from the fire itself.
The primary design feature is the exaggerated full cut resulting in a loose fitting garment. This loose fit allows increased air circulation and the allowance for the human body's natural cooling mechanism to take place, being sweat evaporation. This loose fit likewise increases the radiant heat protection for the wearer. By incorporating fabric that is both absorbent and “breathable”, this cooling of the body is enhanced.
- Fire services in QLD, NSW, VIC etc
- QLD & NSW Parks & Wildlife
- Large Industrial organisations
- Landowners, Farmers, Property Management
- Personal Protection ( PPE )
- Excellent moisture management, comfort and thermal protection
- Purpose designed for wildland (bushfire) fire fighting
- Increases radiant heat protection
- Helps prevent heat stroke during fire fighting activities
- Loose fit allows air cirulation
- Large protective stand-up collar, FR hook & Loop tape fastened
- Epaulette holders
- Fully opening metal stud fastened (fabric backed)
- Under arm vents to increase air circulation & reduce metabolic heat
- Radio Pockets
- Chest and cargo pockets
- Cuff tightening straps FR hook & loop tape fastened
- Action back
- 50mm perforated yellow/silver FR reflective tape
- Mic Loops
- Coat hem tightening drawcord
- Fully Certified to Australian Standard AS/NZ 4824: 2006 standard for protective clothing worn during wildland fire fighting activities
- Colour: Orange/Gold
- Reflective Tape: 50mm Yellow/Silver Flame Retardant
- Fabric: Karvin
- Hook & Loop Tape: Flame Retardant
- Nomex / Lenzing FR blend
- Fabric Weight: 245gsm
- Does not contain PFAS / PFOA
- T24: 15 seconds
- T24 - T12: 7 seconds
- Mean Transmission: 48%
- Available sizes: 77 to 132 (see below)
Fitting Tips: All measurements are in cm. If you are unsure of sizing please call us at the showroom on 07 5541 3569 or put your actual chest measurement (in cm) in the comments in your shopping cart. Fire Fighting Jackets are designed to fit loose to allow air flow and protection. It's better to have a slightly larger size than a tight fitting Jacket.
Dispatch time: up to 5-10 business days depending on demand and availability.
|Aussie Storm Shop
|Unit Of Measure